Superhero shows & stuff!...:

(This is re-uploaded from a couple years back, for archival purposes and also to show how things can change in relative short amount of time... Meant for my Phan-Boi YouTube-channel, another thing I try to do...)

Live-action television shows, based on superhero-comic books...
Yeah... As much as I love the capes, and I do, they really haven´t been lucky in that department, now have they?... Although, to be fair, the same could have been said about the movies... But those HAVE become so much better!...
Why the shows haven´t yet, is probably down to a smaller budget & audience, so they don´t have as much to loose & therefore doesn´t always care to do the proper research first...
Now, about the Netflix shows... Just do “Heroes for Hire”!... You don´t always have to do one entire installment per character... It worked for Iron Man, Captain America & Thor, because not only was it a new way to do those movies, or the fact that they were some of the most popular characters, within or without of the comic books them-selves, but also because they are so larger-than-life personalities... The rich, douchy, Tony Stark, the national-patriot Steve Rogers & the regal, majestic Thor Odinsun...
Now, apparently, the shows are building up to become “Defenders”, which is, at least, an actual comic book title, so that´s something... But it´s still not quite that team... “The Defenders” were the mystical, paranormal, nocturnal outcasts, while “Heroes for Hire”, were the ones which anybody could get in contact with... But it sounds closer to “Avengers”, so I guess I get why they´re going for that...
No, they could have just done a weekly, character-driven “Heroes for Hire”, with flashbacks of the character, that´s the main focus of that particular episode... You know, “Lost”-style... Which would be about the only thing to take from THAT show...
However, there are SOME differences, between how it´s done in each of these two major mediums... Some differences are good, others... Not so... Let me elaborate on that...:
While they can both seem too long-drawn out, in each their own way and it´s understandably a tough balance, it´s kinda funny how, in the movies, they seem so busy, trying to cram in everything from the source material, almost to the point of it being too much... While in the shows, from a narrative standpoint, they could afford to do it a little bit more... But at least, they apparently, actually DO have a human Jarvis the butler, so that´s cool...
But yeah, like I said, the movies are really busy trying to cram everything in there... Just look at what DC is currently doing...
I´m completely on board with the crowd, that thinks DC should have just taken their time, doing “Last Son of Krypton”, “The Man of Tomorrow”, “The Man of Steel”, & then “Superman: Doomsday”... In between those last two, they could have done “Worlds Finest” & “Justice League”, but they wanna get in on the action, fast!... Which is, financially understandable, of course...
Not only that, but it becomes even a bit funnier, when you think about how, after the big-bearded wizard of Northampton performed his black magic on their properties, and got a massive success out of it, they broke off with each other & DC then turned heel over everything he did, while still using his ideas, & now they´ve gone completely dark again... To the point, where it just becomes ridiculous... And I´m usually all for dark, grim´n´gritty... Hell, I loved “Watchmen” & I wanna see that fan-version of “Power Rangers”, despite the fact, that they both might have been meant as parodies of the trope... But I also like parodies...
However, I DO like that DC keeps their movies in a different universe, from their shows... Partially because it´s an alternate approach to the Marvel method, but also because, well, I´d imagine it allows you for more freedom, like; “Oh, guess that guy is a traitor, so we´ll have to write it into the show”...
Also, Marvels movies are such a well-made success, partially because they hire great people who both understand the source material of the comics, the studio mandates, the casual viewers and do it with heart & mind... To put it shortly: Marvel have Joss Whedon... DC have Zack Snyder... That alone, should just tell you everything...
That´s not to say, DC is the ONLY studio to fail somewhat... Unfortunately, there are those OTHER couple ones...
Fox & Sony, also wanting to jump on the band-wagon, tried to plan out entire universes for each of their marvel movie-property, which they owned the rights to...  Solo-movies with Venom, The Sinister Six, & also even Aunt May as a spy for SHIELD, apparently... Now, that´s just silly... Peter Parkers particular post-houmous parents, however, actually WERE SHIELD-agents, so his sense for adventure, must have come from there... Though I like that better, I guess it makes as much sense that they were scientists for OSCORP, and that´s how he got interested in that field...
So yeah, they were building up this whole Spider-verse, which´ll likely now, only be in the comics... Boy, comics have sure gotten weird nowadays, with their “Secret Wars” & “New 52”s!... Good thing, it were never like that in OUR day!... No, but seriously, it´s kinda funny how, the more complex the plots, the more intriguing they seem to read...
I never thought, that we´ll ever see good ol´ Spidey join the ranks of the Avengers on the big screen... But now, it might just happen... They worked out a deal, and that´s fine...
While I can understand the other studios´ reluctance of letting their golden nugget go, I DO think that Marvel should have just blown their Mouse-Moolah on getting back the movie rights... It would suck that they had to in the short run, but could work in the long run... But now, we might be getting this instead, and that´s fine too...
So maybe the shows will catch up eventually, quality-wise... They definitely have the potential to do so... Let´s not forget, that it took the movies a while too...

Oh, & though not superheroes exactly, about the “Ghostbusters”-remake/ sequel... The original one didn´t work, BECAUSE it was an all-male cast, who just HAPPENED to have been on SNL... It worked because it was good idea... Done well...

& Also... All these other shows...  Simpsons, Bobs Burgers, King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland show... Isn´t it about time to put ´em ALL to rest?... & then, I can maybe finally catch up...

Kommentarer